Though astragalus is native to the northern hemisphere, it has now gained popularity worldwide for its many benefits to the spirit. Ask yourself, have you ever wanted to feel energetic from head to toe? Nutrition deficiency has been normalized nowadays because of the busy lifestyle people are currently following. Having a superfood by your side is an advantage, but it must be sourced naturally. Astragalus root powder can be your healthy lifestyle companion if you know the right dosage for a particular health issue. Let’s figure out how your body can leverage astragalus benefits optimally.
|Table of Contents:
Why consume Astragalus?
Astragalus membranaceus and monholicus are primarily used supplements in the production of liquid extracts, capsules, powders, and teas, which can then be consumed for many benefits to the body.
Astragalus Benefits to the mind:
- It possesses neuroprotective benefits to reduce stress and help preserve memory and learning by fighting against cellular stressors. This powerful adaptogen is capable of reducing stress and depression symptoms more effectively than synthetic suppressants.
- The abundance of antioxidants in astragalus root neutralizes the aging effects on the neurological system i.e. Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Astragalus Benefits to the body:
- Rejuvenates the immune system, liver, and cardiovascular system.
- Fights common cold, upper respiratory infections, fibromyalgia, and diabetes.
- Helps function in the spleen, and lungs, and urinary systems.
- Reduce cell damage by antioxidant effects that inhibit free radicals production causing problems associated with aging.
Astragalus Benefits to the soul:
- The rich history of the plant ensures you are consuming mother nature’s purest gifts.
- It helps with meditation and aroma therapy, making you feel whole.
- Placebo or not, it definitely makes you feel more connected to people.
- Gives you time to connect with yourself.
How to consume Astragalus root:
Wild-crafted products can be consumed even in food, while commercial products are not as safe. It is important to consume only organic products.
Some recipes and combinations with astragalus include
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins Recipe with Astragalus Root
- Butternut Squash Soup with Astragalus Root
- Immunity Carrot Cake with Coconut Maple Frosting and Astragalus
Other than these recipes; you can consume astragalus powders whole with water, mix them with tea and coffee or add them to your own experimental recipes. Bear in mind the dosage will be handled by professionals only.
Future of Astragalus:
The most exciting part about this herb is that it still has to be fully researched and is already a front-runner in cancer and autoimmune disease research. It is not just a fad but rather a tradition that has been kept for centuries. With its medicinal qualities and bright future, it is a herb to look out for in 2022.
Precaution and doses:
As with any herbal supplement, always check with your healthcare provider before taking astragalus root. Many products in the market come with information leaflets and prescribed doses.
Since every product differs, we suggest looking for a company that resonates with your lifestyle choices. For example, a company that mass produces will probably have harmful chemicals in their products, but a company with standards and ethics is preferable.
Ready to start your astragalus journey? Remember to distinguish between good-hearted companies and ones that mass produce with chemicals. The best products are out there; you just have to find them!